David R. Major
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: (808) 523-9000
Fax: (808) 533-4184
David Major is a partner at Bays Lung Rose Holma. Mr. Major’s primary areas of practice involve condominium association, commercial, construction, and employment litigation, as well as, construction and design contract preparation, negotiation and administration. Mr. Major represents a major media company in the preservation of coverage rights as well as the public’s right to access as protected under the United States and Hawaii Constitutions. Mr. Major also dedicates a portion of his practice to assist companies in complying with funding requirements for federal and state funded construction projects.
- Represented Hawaiian Electric Co., Inc. in the negotiation and management of contracts for the electrical design and construction of the Honolulu Rail Transit Project.
- Represented Raycom Media and Hawaii News Now in media coverage concerns and guaranteeing the public’s constitutional right to access judicial proceedings.
- Represented The Queen’s Medical Center in a multi-million dollar construction litigation matter with general contractor.
- Represented Watts Regulator Co. in a series of multi-million dollar products liability litigation matters.
- Represented HRPT Properties Trust n.k.a. Commonwealth REIT in numerous rent reset arbitrations for commercial properties in the Sand Island/Mapunapuna areas.
- Represented numerous condominium and homeowner associations in litigation matters involving employment, construction defect, misrepresentation, board management, and foreclosure.
- "Revocable Transfer on Death Deeds: Cheap, Simple and has California's Trusts and Estates Attorneys Heading for the Hills," 49 SANTA CLARA L. REV. 235 (2008)