Christian Chambers is a partner in the firm’s litigation department. His areas of practice include complex commercial litigation, construction litigation, foreclosure litigation, and health care disputes. He also regularly serves as insurer-appointed counsel for clients involved in complex tort and business disputes.
A few of Mr. Chambers' representative cases include:
- Represented a publically traded investment firm in connection with the foreclosure of a major beachfront resort property.
- Represented a publically traded banking institution in numerous lending and foreclosure matters throughout the State of Hawaii.
- Represented one of Hawaii’s most prominent condominium developers against allegations of construction and design defects in a newly constructed high-rise project. Successfully resolved the allegations without litigation, and under favorable terms for the client.
- Represented landowner in numerous lawsuits arising out of an industrial accident, which caused multiple fatalities. Successfully negotiated early settlements of the lawsuits and collateral claims against insurers, which resolved the litigation at no cost to the client.
- Represented a group of creditors in one of the largest, and most complex, bankruptcy proceedings in the history of the State. The case was resolved by the debtors agreeing to more than double the payments to their unsecured creditors.
- Represented civil construction company in a contract dispute with a governmental agency. The case was resolved when the governmental agency agreed to pay additional compensation for the work performed by the client.
- Represented numerous individuals in construction defect claims against contractors and developers. All cases have been resolved with the contractor or developer agreeing to pay compensation to correct the defects.
- Represented local insurance company in numerous surety matters. Cases have included defending the surety from payment suits, working with principals to ensure potential bond claims are paid, and recovering on indemnity obligations which arise if the surety is required to make a payment under a bond.
- One-Sided Bargain? Assessing the Fairness of Hawai'i's Workers' Compensation Law, 31 U. Haw. L. Rev. 553, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Member
- Phi Beta Kappa